Arizona PBS Kids 2018 Writers Contest
Writing Tips and Prompts
Writing prompts can give you ideas for your story and help spark your imagination.
Writing Prompts from the Arizona PBS Kids Writing Contest Sponsor, Dairy Council® of Arizona:
- Why is milk healthy for you? There are many nutrients and good things in milk that are meant to make you healthy and strong.
- Why is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Breakfast is considered the most vital meal of the day. Why do you think that is?
- How does the milk get to your fridge? Milk is from cows, that we know. But how do you get it in the fridge?
- What is your favorite nutritious snack? Describe the best way to enjoy that snack. There are lots of healthy snacks to choose from. If you could eat it at any time of day or night, in any place or time, what would it be and why?
- Convince your school or your parents to host a party with your favorite nutritious food. If you could celebrate anything and your teachers or parents would help you, what kind of nutritious food would you serve? What would you be celebrating? Who would come to your celebration?
What dairy foods do you eat for breakfast?
- It ranges anywhere from yogurt, cheese and other delicious foods.
What is your favorite afterschool dairy snack?
- No, chips and soda are not dairy.
What foods are made from milk?
- Surprisingly, the list is pretty long.
Why is milk good for me?
- It makes you big and strong. Why?
How does milk get from the dairy farm to your refrigerator?
- Before the milk gets to the store, what is the process of it getting there?
What do you know about dairy farming and dairy cows?
- Cows live and work on the farm. What all do they do?
Why is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
- Compared to lunch or dinner, what makes Breakfast so special?
How do dairy foods help my body?
Why should I eat milk, cheese and yogurt?
How does chocolate milk help you refuel after exercise?
- Not only is it yummy, but nutritious!
What benefits from dairy last a lifetime?
- It’s not only a short-term effect, but long-term as well.
What do cows eat?
- What do they eat to nourish themselves and their milk?
How do cows make milk?
What are some good foods that properly nourish your body?
- Not just dairy, but protein counts too.
What kind of foods have protein in them?
- Protein makes you big and strong.
What is your favorite fruit?
- The yummy things that comes from the trees.
What is your favorite vegetable?
- The yummy things that come from the soil
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Fishing, camping, sports?
How much fruit and vegetables should you eat per day?
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
For more ideas, explore these resources:
http://az.pbslearningmedia.org PBS Learning Media