Mom, I love you: a personalized photo craft for Mother’s Day
Give every mom the gift of creativity this Mother’s Day by including her most beloved presents, her children, in this fun photo craft!
What you’ll need to complete the activity
- Camera or phone
- Google Slides
- Coloring materials such as markers or crayons
- Mom, I love you template – or you can create your own!
Follow these steps
- Say cheese! Take photos of your students (side view) pretending to blow hearts. Once you have completed this step, remove the background by either using an iPhone feature within the Photos app or by using another app, website or software that removes backgrounds.
- Use or create a template. I created a template on Google slides with the words: Mom, I Love You. I also added heart bubbles for students to color in and design. Download this template as a pdf here. If your students are older and would prefer to draw or paste their own hearts, this can be done, too!
- Glue or digitally paste images. You can either print the photos and have students paste them onto the template or digitally add the images to the template yourself. This will largely depend on the ability level of the group of kids you are working with.
- Print and decorate. Print each one on cardstock, and then have the students decorate the final product. Students can use crayons, markers or even paint! You can take it one step further and laminate it or put it in a frame.
About the author
Marissa Will is the mother of two, Olivia (6) and Logan (4). Writing was her first passion: she’s a freelance writer and a Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication alumna. Will is currently educating the future leaders of tomorrow: She has spent the past nine years educating third grade with a master’s degree in elementary education from Northern Arizona University-Yuma.