NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Arizona PBS KIDS Digital Media Contest (the “Contest” or “Promotion”) is produced by Arizona PBS (KAET-TV). The Contest begins on September 12, 2022 and ends on October 19, 2022. This Contest consists of one round of local judging. All entries must be dated October 19, 2022 or before to be eligible. These Contest rules are subject to modification by Arizona PBS at its discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited. This contest is sponsored by Delta Dental of Arizona Foundation.
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be Arizona students in PreK through 12th Grade.
- Children of employees of Arizona PBS, sales representatives, subsidiaries or parent companies, advertising/sales promotion agencies and judges are not eligible.
- Students may submit up to one individual entry and be part of one group entry in this Contest. All subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- Entries can be fact or fiction.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Entry types may include digital images, videos, audio formats such as music or podcasts. Creativity is encouraged: students are welcome to combine these formats or include digital formats not listed here (video game design, etc.).
- Audio and video entries must be 30 seconds – 3 minutes in length.
- Any text must be printed or written legibly or typed.
- Non-English text must be translated.
- Invented spelling is accepted.
- Language and content must be appropriate in accordance with FCC guidelines (no swearing or nudity).
Official Entry Form
- Each entry must have an online submission form completed with the required permission release checked confirming parent/guardian consent. Entries will not be judged without parental consent.
Judging, Awards & Notification
All entries submitted to the Contest will be judged using the judging criteria and percentages below by a panel of no fewer than 3 judges selected and coordinated by Arizona PBS. The judging criteria and percentages shall be scored and graded using a rubric based on the following criteria as follows:
40% Creativity and originality of topic and themes
40% Story structure and use of literary devices
20% Relevance, quality and originality of graphic, video or audio elements
All decisions of the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal or review.
The entry with the highest score from among all eligible entries received per age range and category (individual or group) will be deemed the winner.
In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the creativity and originality category from among all tying entries will be deemed the winner from among all tying entries.
Winners will be notified at the conclusion of scoring and will be invited to a celebration (time and location to be determined).
Eight (8) Winners: One (1) individual winner and one (1) group winner for each age range.
Arizona PBS reserves the right to substitute any prize for a prize of equal or greater value, at the sole discretion of Arizona PBS. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-substitutable, except at the sole discretion of Arizona PBS.
Rights Associated with Contest
Submission of the Entry Form constitutes permission from the participant’s parent/legal guardian for Arizona PBS to use the participants’ name, likeness, biographical information, information and materials contained in the Entry Form, photographs, and any statements or remarks made about the Contest in advertising and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
All entries, and any copyrights therein, become the sole property of Arizona PBS. By entering, entrants’ parent/legal guardian agree to abide by the above stated rules, and warrant that their child’s/ward’s entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to Arizona PBS the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation.
No royalties will be paid at this or any time. By submitting an entry and Entry Form, each participant’s parent/legal guardian, on behalf of the participant, agrees to assign all right, title, and interest in and to the entry and Entry Form to Arizona PBS and warrants that the participant’s parent/legal guardian has the authority to assign such right, title, and interest. In the event that any applicable law requires certain formalities to be fulfilled to effectuate such grant of rights, each participant (and parent or guardian) agrees to cooperate with Arizona PBS to achieve fulfillment of such formalities.
By submitting an Entry Form, each participant’s parent/legal guardian, on behalf of participant, agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules. Each participant’s parent/legal guardian, on behalf of the participant, agrees to release and hold Arizona PBS, and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims and liabilities arising out of participation in the Contest or resulting from acceptance or claiming of any prize hereunder.
Arizona PBS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel the Contest at any time. Income and all other taxes are the responsibility of the prize recipient. Arizona PBS is not responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with participation in the Contest.
555 N. Central Ave. Suite 500
Phoenix, Arizona 85004