In addition to our usual coverage on Cronkite News at 5 p.m. and Arizona Horizon at 5:30 p.m., this Tuesday we’ll be following election results as they come in all evening long. Get the full picture of our Election Day schedule here.
In addition to analysis and context behind breaking news, look for the following stories this week on Arizona PBS:
- Get complete coverage from Arizona and Washington, D.C. on election day.
- Learn how Arizona protects its wild deer population from a deadly disease.
- See how an art class gives a creative outlet to those with dementia and Alzheimer’s and respite to caregivers.
- Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes will bring us up to date on preparations for Tuesday’s election.
- We’ll get an update on foreign affairs with former NATO ambassador and McCain Institute director Kurt Volker.
- November is National Adoption Awareness month. We’ll talk to Russ Funk, Director of Community Engagement for AASK, or the Aid to Adoption of Special Kids, an organization that helps kids in need of foster care by connecting them with people who might adopt, become foster parents or help them in other ways.
- Operation Restoring Veteran Hope held its first annual event for veterans in the mountains. The activities, like horseback riding, kayaking and hiking were coupled with peer support groups and inspirational speakers. Producer Matt Lively will tell us the story about these individuals’ path to healing together.
- We’ll take a look at election results the day after the 2018 midterm election with Constantin Querard, founder of Grassroots Partners, and Barry Dill, a partner in First Strategic Communications and Public Affairs.
- We’ll hear from outgoing Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction Diane Douglas, who was defeated in the primary election, about what she accomplished in her single term and what she had hoped to do in a second term.
- 1968 Olympic medalists protesters talk about history of sports protests. Recently John Carlos and Wyomia Tyus were in Arizona to talk about the history of sports protest in the wake of the Colin Kaepernick controversy. Reporter Justin Parham talks to the Olympic medalists about their protest at the ’68 Olympics.