This Saturday, March 17, at 9:30 p.m., join R&B legend Little Anthony, Sha Na Na’s Jon “Bowzer” Bauman and producer TJ Lubinsky in “Doo Wop Generations,” a new concert special that reunites the original artists of Doo Wop as they pass the torch to a new generation of singers.
Shot in Asbury Park, New Jersey, it’s a sentimental, emotion-packed night of nostalgia as the younger singers pay tribute to the veteran artists who inspired them. Enjoy these special performances alongside stories about the original Doo Wop singers — their triumphs, challenges and eternal love for this music — and inspirational recollections from friends and loved ones.
Look forward to these performances and many more:
- “Runaround Sue” – The Virginia Gentlemen with The Del-Satins
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” – The Alley Cats with Jay Siegel’s Tokens
- “Book of Love” – The Tee-Tones
- “Sh-Boom” – Street Corner Renaissance
- “Dedicated To The One I Love” – The Lovettes
- “Lollipop” – Shy Of A Dozen
- “In The Still Of The Night” – Fred Parris & The Five Satins
- “This I Swear” – Kenny Vance & The Planotones
Want this music in your personal collection? Get the CD/DVD set as our thank-you for your support of Arizona PBS.
“Doo Wop Generations” is just one of a wide range of March music specials to look forward to. See more concert programs here, or for the full schedule, go to our TV Schedule page and use the schedule tool or scroll down to the monthly schedule PDFs for March.